Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with shopping? I love shopping and getting new things, but sometimes I do not find anything I like. Which then makes the shopping trip seem like a waste. I probably also do not shop like a normal person (please tell me if I am wrong). Usually, I just walk around the store once or twice and see if anything catches my eye. So yes, I do believe in love at first sight. However, this only works with clothes and shoes and obviously bags.
When it comes to produce, I feel similarly. Some times you just CANNOT pass up beautiful produce. This time it was these beautiful meyer lemons. Basically everything else was built around it. The mexican wedding cookie crust and the perfectly seasonal cranberries.
Lemon Cranberry Tart
2 c AP flour
1 c butter- room temperature
1 c toasted walnuts
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c cranberries
1/4 c sugar
pinch of cloves approx 1/16 tsp
3/4 c flour
zest of 2 lemons
juice of 2 lemons approx 1/3 c
2 egg yolks
2 c sugar
Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine crust ingredients in a food processor: 2 c flour, 1 c toasted walnuts, 1/2 c sugar and 2 tsp vanilla extract. After finely ground, add in butter till mixed.
- Press into 10 in tart pan. Prick bottom with a fork and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, but if covered well can be left there for 1 week.
- Bake at 325 for 22-28 minutes, till it is just starting to brown on the edges.
- Mix 1 c cranberries and 1/4 c sugar in small sauce pan on medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Blend mixture.
- Mix 2 c sugar, 3/4 c flour, zest of 2 (meyer) lemons, juice of 2 (meyer) lemons (approx 1/3 c), 4 eggs and 2 egg yolks.
- Add 2/3 c of mixture to the cranberry mixture and blend.
- Pour lemon mixture in cooled tart crust. Make a pattern of your choosing with the cranberry mixture. You will not use all the cranberry mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until set at 350F