When you have been “cooking” for your family since like 4th grade, you’re always looking for ways to step up your game. In the beginning, it was recognizing what stiff peaks were (and realizing that getting there by hand was HARD work). Now, I think these hasselbach potatoes will be the perfect “fancy,” “Up your game,” “Go big or go home” side.
Honey Mustard Hasselbach (Mini) Potatoes:
1 lb mini potatoes (works with normal size as well, cooking time will vary)
3 tbsp duck fat (other oil will work)
2 tbsp mustard- coarse grain preferred
1 tbsp honey
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp sliced cilantro optional
Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice your potatoes: slice so that each cut does not go all the way through. After you’re done, put them in a bowl with salted water (to prevent browning and help get rid of some of the starch. When all are done, take out of the water, dry and place on roasting pan
- Mix 2 tbsp duck fat, 2 tbsp mustard and 1 tbsp honey, set aside.
- Brush each of the potatoes with the last 1 tbsp of duck fat and salt and pepper generously.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out and brush with the honey mustard duck fat mixture. Put back in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro if you are using it.
- Try not to eat them all before sharing