Good news! I passed my glucose tolerance test! Originally, I took this as a sign that I can DEFINITELY eat more sweets, but I guess I should probably still not eat unnecessary amounts of sugar. However, the day of I definitely made one of those organic Anne’s brownie cookies and ate that out of the oven… heavenly.
As I was having that, I realized, I really just liked the cookie dough part. Since I don’t want this little one to only want brownie cookies when she comes, I figured chickpea cookie dough balls (or cookies) were in order.
These have a ton of protein, fiber, collagen (that I added because my next obsession is reducing stretch marks, though I know it’s mostly genetics) and omega 3 (since my long time obsession has been what I want for my children to do… one thing is obviously be smart so bring on all the fish, flax and chia seeds)
Healthy Cookie Dough Balls
1.5 c chickpeas (I rehydrated them but canned should work too)
6 dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
1 c instant/quick cook oats
1/4 c collagen (optional)
1/8 c ground chia seeds (I used salba chia)
1/4-1/2 c mini chocolate chips
4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
optional: shredded coconut, chocolate covered chia seeds, sprinkles, whatever you want!
- Throw 1.5 c chickpeas, 6 dates, 1 c instant oats, 1/4 c collagen (if you’re using it), 1/8 c ground chia seeds, 4 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a food processor or high speed mixer.
- Mix in 1/4-1/2 c mini chocolate chips — I love chocolate and I veer on the more chocolate side of life
- Roll into balls, if the mix is too soft consider leaving it in the fridge for 2 hours- overnight. Roll in shredded coconut, chocolate covered chia seeds or whatever you want!
- Enjoy these NOW! (store in fridge or freezer)
- If you want them more portable, aka they m e l t in the heat, consider baking them.
- 350F for 20 minutes
- Voila! COOKIES