Week 4 of baby, mainly I am pleased that I have made it this far. We started having B (Da da) do one feed a day and it is life changing. Do you know what it’s like to never sleep for more than an hour at a time? Perhaps the definition of cruel and unusual punishment. The last couple days I feel like a new person. I’m not saying I am no longer emotionally liable, just better. Though definitely not as productive as I imagined these weeks to be. For example, I have completely given up on attempting this. Someone please make this and send it to me!
Breastfeeding has been a journey so far. Honestly, I am not feeling like feeding baby my breast milk is comparable to feeding my little one the nectar of the gods as it is portrayed by some groups and doctors. After reviewing the literature (because I am crazy like that) I do not think the benefits are as astronomical as they are portrayed. However, I am persisting because it’s like I am 2/3 of the way across the bridge, to go back to the other side is going to take even longer. Hence these lactation cookies!
Mainly, I want an excuse to eat cookies.
Side note: After mixing everything up, this dough does not smell delicious because of the brewers yeast; this is not what the cookies taste like. Do not be detoured.
1/2 c butter (room temperature)
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c coconut sugar
1/2 c wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 1/4 tbsp brewers yeast
1 1/2 c oats
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c pecan pieces
1/3 c dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream room temperature 1/2 c butter, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp vanilla, 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 c brown sugar, and 1/2 c coconut sugar.
- Add 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix just until blended.
- Add 2 1/4 tbsp brewers yeast, 1/2 c wheat flour and 1 1/4 c flour. Mix just until blended.
- Mix in the 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 1/2 c oats, 1/2 c chocolate chips, 1/2 c pecan pieces and 1/3 c dried cranberries. (These can be substituted with whatever you like)
- Scoop by the heaping tbsp onto sheet pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Get munching and pumping