It’s been 6 weeks. I vacillate between thinking it’s been a lifetime and thinking it’s been a blink of an eye. Though, it is definitely been enough time for me to question my ability to read a CT or MRI accurately. Since I have never gone this long between practicing Radiology, I already have plans to start compiling and hopefully reading Radiology articles. Of course, most of this depends on how well the little one sleeps because reading articles on no sleep is equivalent to reading articles in German with someone else’s glasses on– headache provoking with little to gain.
This recipe takes minutes to whip together, it honestly takes more time to gather all the ingredients than mixing it all. The trick is to try to time it so the bread is not finished during one of her feedings. This was the fate of a batch of cupcakes; which I then proceeded to smother with a lot of frosting and my husband absolutely loved (I’m not the only one sleep deprived).
Acknowledging that I have had my share of carbs in the past 10-11 months, I figured a grain free, paleo adjacent recipe was in order. Though, I think I could have held back more on the chocolate chips. Maybe next time.
Fully Loaded Banana Bread:
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 c coconut oil
2 scoops collagen
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c dark chocolate chips
1/3 c pecans
2 tbsp chia seeds
Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a food processor mix all but the last 3 ingredients together.
- Add all but a couple of the 1/2 c of dark chocolate chips and pulse for 20 seconds
- With spatula or spoon mix the all but a couple of the pecans and the 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Top with the reserved pecans and chocolate chips
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.